Wednesday 9 October 2013

The Promised Blog - Long in Waiting

First, I feel I should introduce myself... I'm Trixie R Royale (or Trixie).

I'm colour blind blue, green and orange - blue and green are the opposite way around unless they're next to each other but that's a different matter all together... But I'm telling you this because I personally find it really funny that my signature colours for my acts costumes are BLUE and GREEN...

I'm a uni student, studying Performing Arts at DMU, just started my final year. I will be one of the first people to admit, it's not the course I thought I was going to or wanted to do. However I appreciate the skills it has equipped me with and the lessons it has taught me about myself.

I'd normally say I'm not your average Burlesque dancer, but actually that's exactly all I am. Average. Not because I'm particularly bad, but because I'm not exceptional or have a gimmick and I am definitely no longer inspired by the art of it. Which is really sad. I admitted to a few close friends earlier this Summer that my act in our upcoming show is going to be my last performance for a while - at least till I find my love for it again.

It might seem fickle of me, giving up. Some might even say I'm a quitter. However I believe the audience won't buy into my act or the art of Burlesque if I don't believe in it myself any more...
I realised I no longer enjoyed performing, it became a thing people expected of me, I found myself fishing for new ideas for acts when I wasn't actually inspired and I no longer feel comfortable in my skin - so why would I bare it on stage in front of others?

So I'm taking this time out to finish final year at uni and raise money in memory of a wonderful friend who passed away just over a year ago now. He was the most inspiring person I could have ever had the pleasure to meet. He was always happy and always trying to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, right up until his last days. I can happily say that he was not in pain in his final days and that he simply went in his sleep. I feel blessed to have met him and for him to help me through my hardships in school and so in return for the blessing he gave me, I am raising money with the help of the other two burly girls and our fundraising event on 27th October 2013 for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, so others like him, have the chance to share their love and kind words with those around them and help research into CF itself.

I will now leave you all to your days, not really knowing how to take this blog (if you read it).

'When you are feeling bad, do one thing a day to make your heart dance. It could be a simple thing like looking up at the sky' - Yoko Ono

Trixie

No comments:

Post a Comment